Updated 19th August 2020.
This web app is offered to you for use by Hambleton Athletics and Running Club.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected as well as it reasonably can be. If you are asked to provide information by which you can be identified when using the app, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
This policy may change from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from the date shown at the top of the page.
What we collect
Runners participating in one of our events
We may collect the following information either directly from you, from your parent or guardian, Strava (if you have chosen to connect your account), Parkrun public information (if you have provided your Parkrun registration number), and Power of 10 public profile (if you have provided your England Athletics registration number):
- email address(es);
- telephone number;
- date of birth;
- emergency contact name and phone number; and
Athletes who are club members or have or are participating in our programmes
- name, home address, phone number, email addresses, company and job title;
- health information including any history of injury, medication and allergies;
- physical information including weight, body dimensions, pace, heart rate and cadence;
- details of your current and previous participation in programmes, including when you registered, when you attended, and your goals and achievements;
- details of your club membership;
- details of your current and previous training plans;
- notes about you made by your coaches;
- emergency contact information;
- links to your Strava profile and public profile picture;
- data from your Strava account about you and your recorded activities;
- runs and races you have taken part in and your finishing time from your Parkrun and The Power of 10 public profiles;
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
- information about goods or services you have ordered or bought from the club (for example vest size and price paid), but not including any payment details (for example bank account details or card numbers); and
- other information relevant to specific surveys that you take part in.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with better coaching and support, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Keeping you safe, and knowing who to contact should an incident occur;
- Improve our events, programmes and services;
- Internal record keeping;
- We may periodically, and only with your consent, send promotional emails about new programmes, events, services, or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided; and
- From time to time, with your consent, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email or phone.
- With your consent, share some information we hold about you with other users to support creating a community and team.
Runners participating in one of our events
- To establish which entry fee applies (where the fee depends on your age on the day of the event);
- To contact you with information about your registration or the event;
- To list you in the published results;
- If you provide your sex, we use it in conjunction with your date of birth to assign you to the appropriate age category, and – when relevant to the event – include your age category and finishing position within your age category in the published results
Athletes who have or are participating in our programmes
- Designing training sessions tailored to your needs;
- Review your performance and progress towards your goals;
Club Members and athletes who have or are participating in our programmes
- To help create a sense of community and team including sharing information about who is attending sessions and who is participating in the same programmes or groups that you are.
Information that you enter or maintain on the site – including your personal and sensitive information – and information about you that coaches or programme leaders add, will be shared with any coaches or session leaders who are involved in the delivery of the programmes you take part in, and with officials and volunteers assisting at our events. This is to ensure they have all the information that may be required to support you in the programme or event, or to take appropriate action in the event of an accident or emergency. We will not use this information for any other purposes than those stated above without your explicit consent. Coaches and leaders all have a current Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) certificate through England Athletics.
Programme assistants, who may not hold a DBS certificate, also have access to a limited amount of information including your name, contact details and contact details for your emergency contact. However, assistants will not have access to your coaching notes, or information about health conditions, medicines, allergies or injuries.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over these other websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the European General Data Protection Regulation. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the information you are interested in, and proof of your address and identity (for example a copy of your driving licence showing your address, or a utility bill).
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, and you are unable to correct the information yourself by editing it on the system, please email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.